Fear and anxiety about a dentist appointment can actually become a thing of the past! With sedation dentistry you remain relaxed, you don’t feel anything during the procedure, and, most likely, you will remember little about it afterward.
We are pleased to offer both oral and I.V. conscious sedation options for our patients.
In the oral approach, the patient takes a sedative medication prior to the procedure. This may be supplemented by air containing nitrous oxide.
In I.V. conscious sedation, an anesthesiologist is available for those patients who request or require a deeper level of sedation. Our anesthesiologist is board certified and extremely experienced.
Sedation Dentistry may be the right choice for you if:
- Your have a fear of dentists that causes you to put off dental care.
- Your have had a negative experience with a dentist at some point in your life.
- You have problems sitting still for long periods of time.
- You have a bad gag reflex.
- You need a lot of dental work done and only have a limited amount of time.
- Sedation dentistry is also a wonderful option for patients with disabilities.
While both procedures are very safe, certain instructions must be followed after the procedure as the patient is truly sedated.